Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dreamweaver

My journey's going along swimmingly, until my ship decides to pass by the rock of the Sirens. This is where I must recant, where my past is haunting me. I step onto shore, knowing that I must face this sooner or later. The Sirens on this rock, however, are not entrancing; they are not beautiful; they in no way resemble the female form. They are from my past, calling me back, asking me to remember, never forget, see them again. And I, willing to give people chances to redeem themselves, go along with it. In my dream, I see the future.

I am back in my high school, and it must be somewhat warm outside, because people are running around in shorts. My band teacher has let me play with the band again, because I've missed it so much and have nothing to play. In the end, I remember that I had visited the gym and left my sweater behind, and asked the teacher if I could go retrieve it. He agreed, and for some reason unknown to me at the present, I had to bring bass drum sticks along as well. He suggested I take the ones that belong to the ex, the ever-bitter ex, the Siren that called me down from my ship. I take them, because they are just laying out in the open. When I get to the gym, I grab my sweater, and realize that he has left his notebook in the gym as well. I sigh and go move it, boldly writing his name on it, and notice that he has lots of scribbles with my name on it.

I don't know exactly why I had this dream, except for that I was in communication with him earlier yesterday. Maybe it's because I'm still playing the mother role, though with a different person. Maybe that's exactly how it's going to be from now on; he'll hate me forever. He's essentially told me this already, yet still wants to talk. I do know one thing: I really miss band right now.

4 comments:

  1. If I had enough time in my schedule, I totally would. But I needs to take my 18 credit hours all the time I'm here (maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems strange that you liken this dream to a siren of the rocks....perhaps I missed something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the sirens call out to the travelers, no? And tempt them to land. My dream essentially did that.

    ReplyDelete