Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pictures of You (79/90)

We went shopping today.

I'm tired. I've either been in a car or walking around all day. It seems like this whole vacation has been about everyone else, and what I've wanted to do hasn't been taken into account. I really don't have much going on in my brain tonight, though. We'll see what happens with this post. I don't really have any reserve ideas left.

Nothing's really coming to mind though, and I've been sitting here for about five minutes while staring at my screen. I spent most of my day catching up with my half-sisters, so there hasn't been any really stimulating conversation, just the goings-on of our lives. And I've been with the rest of my family for the rest of the time, so there's really nothing new there either.

One of my sisters wanted to try to model for this clothing store called Torrid. There's one back home, and both she and my dad wanted me to go for it as well. There were a few things wrong with that idea, though. One, I wasn't really dressed for the part. And two, I can't really fit into anything in the store. The smallest sizes in there are too big on me.

I'm not sure if my sister realized that, or even thought about it, but I deflected her by saying that I wasn't prepared and there wasn't one at school. In reality, though, I wouldn't be able to fit into whatever I was supposed to be modeling. Not to gloat or anything like that, but it makes no sense for me to try to enter this contest when the models and I clearly have two different body types.

Not that I wouldn't like to model eventually. I'd much like to do that, if I had the chance. But with school and not having a car, it makes it hard to try and pursue that idea. Another thing is that my body is about three different sizes, depending on what part we're talking about. My chest is plus-sized, my waist is normal, and my bottom half is average. I could possibly do commercial work, if I could find a catalog to take me in.

But I'm thinking of pursuing this idea next summer, if I get a chance. Depending on where I do my internship, I may be close to some companies who need a spare. And once I start making some money at my job this school year, I'll probably head into a portrait studio and get some head shots done. At the very least, I'll have them for myself, if I don't pass them out.

But I'd really like it if I could get booked. It's something I've wanted for at least four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment