Friday, June 4, 2010

Don't Drink the Water (35/90)

Today's my birthday! And I'm waiting to go out, so I figured I may as well blog tonight.

I'm currently wearing a dress that is designed for someone with a smaller chest than I've been blessed with, but tonight I'm perfectly fine with it. You know why? Because I'm going Latin dancing tonight, and would prefer to wear a dress that swings out when I turn. I love spinning around a dance floor. And it really makes me look quite skinny, a plus when going out with Anna.

I'm getting more and more excited as I sit here waiting until it's a good enough time for me to leave the house and head out to Anna's. I'm not really imagining what we're going to be doing, since I don't even know where we're going. All I know is that we're going to downtown Naperville, fairly close to Anna's house, and having a good time. There will be dancing and alcohol involved.

I've gotten myself all prettied up for tonight. I hope I'm not too overdone. But I think that even if I am, it won't really matter, because hey, it's my 21st birthday! I think I can get away with it. And hopefully I'll be dancing so much that people won't really realize it if I am overdessed. I'm not worried about being underdressed, mainly because I've worn this dress to special occasions and felt in place. And it's a black dress with pink trim. Simple but easily integrated.

And I just realized I described my wardrobe. I think I've been reading too much of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and have accidentally channeled Lydia. My mother keeps warning me about being safe and careful and all that jazz as I'm waiting to leave. I don't know why she doesn't think I can take care of myself. I know that all mothers worry about their daughters, but this is more worry then even when I went to college.

But I don't share her concern. I'm not planning on drinking a lot tonight, since Anna has to get up early tomorrow, and I'm staying at her house. I need to be able to drive myself home at about 9 in the morning, so I can't be drunk or hungover. But I'm still planning on having myself a grand time. I've never felt the need to have alcohol help me have a good time. Now I'm doing it just because I can.

So I think I'll end this and belt out the last few Glee tunes to get myself properly excited before driving away.

No comments:

Post a Comment