Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strong Enough (52/90)

It's storming again.

Outside as well as inside my head. Lately I've been extremely angry at a few different people, and it keeps swirling around. I wish I could reveal it all, but I can't. Even after I've addressed a few of them, the thoughts keep coming, keep distracting me, all vying for my undivided attention. I don't know how much more of this I can honestly handle before I break and the lightning hits an unsuspecting bystander.

I don't want to write tonight. I don't want to think tonight. I don't even want to talk tonight. I want to do something that requires no thought or emotion. I just want to curl up with someone I can rely on. I want someone to prove to me that not everyone is the same. That maybe there is a reason why I keep running into this manipulation, deception, and pain over and over again.

I want to find the end of this tunnel. There's only so long I can go holding my torch until it runs out of fuel. I'm not sure how much is left, and then I'll be stumbling around in absolute darkness. At least now I can see a few feet in front of me. I have a few who have been trying to bring me more fuel until I can find my way out, but it seems they've been losing their way.

I've been trying to be strong for so long. Tonight, I'm weakened by the storm.

*Sorry for the lack of anything thought-provoking. We will return to that shortly (I hope).*

1 comment:

  1. oh rest assured... though was more provoked than you think...

    ReplyDelete