Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This Is How It Feels (61/90)

Hi guys. Tonight's post is early because I'm going to the midnight airing of The Last Airbender (aka the true Avatar).

And tonight's post is going to be another rant. I ordered a swimsuit online a few days ago. From Victoria's Secret, who you would think would be willing to cater to busty women. I mean, their ad campaigns feature busty women who are thinner. I ordered a large, the biggest size in one of the few suits that I A) liked and B) might look good in. It came today, and I tried only the top on.

The top didn't fit. Even after I took out the padding. It didn't fit on the sides and it didn't lay flat against my ribs. It was gaping instead of sitting there, and there wasn't any support at all. And it defeated me today. I was actually feeling optimistic about this.

I've tried Victoria's Secret before, and occasionally do find things in the store. But it's a rare occasion. Which is why I'm not sure why I actually thought something might fit me. Maybe it's because I've lost some weight and thought that I might be able to fit something in their line.

But I couldn't. For anyone who may stumble across this who doesn't know me, I'm a girl with an hourglass figure. Quite curvy on top and on bottom, not much in the middle. What people say is the "ideal," and that people would kill for. And yet, it's becoming more of a struggle to find something that fits it.

There are days when I absolutely adore my body, and some days when I wish I didn't have it. Earlier today I actually quite liked it. After I tried on the swimsuit, however, my mood changed instantly. And I'm still looking at the swimsuit I have yet to repackage, and every time I look up I just get another sinking feeling in my stomach.

It's frustrating. It seems like every time I need to find something fitting, no one carries it for me. Obviously I have issues finding bras, if I have issues finding a swimsuit top that fits me. I can't find a pair of jeans that fits me correctly. I always have to wear a belt, and there is a good two inches of fabric at the front of my jeans that bunches because there's nothing in front to fill it with.

I would just like to find something that fits me correctly on the first try, not on try ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment