Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Undeveloped Story (33/90)

Today I danced, sang, and met with a friend. Then I took my brother to his Hapkido lesson, and drove him home.

I've really not had too much on my mind today. I know I want to write some more, and more than just my thoughts on here. I want to get back into creative writing. I've got an idea for a nice collection of short stories that I started on last summer, and I've been meaning to return to it. But for some reason, I haven't quite gotten around to it.

I guess it's because I'm not trying to take the easy route with it. I'm trying to do a story based on each of the seven deadly sins, but in an unconventional sense. And I wrote the one about greed for my final in my creative writing class, and started wrath last year. I don't think I'm happy with where the story's heading.

Right now it's about a girl who still holds a grudge after two years, because someone stole her boyfriend. She's planning on finally getting her revenge by pretending to be a lesbian and embarrassing the girl that way. But my heart really isn't into the plot anymore; to be honest, I'm not sure if it ever truly was. I think I was just writing to try and progress the story. I read it again this summer, and it's really nowhere near my best work.

I know the easy way is to move on to lust. Everyone's experienced it (I'm actually experiencing it right now, via texts), and it's so easy to come up with an idea for it. But I want to save it for later in the series, maybe even last. Greed is also an easy one to do, but I think that I put enough of a spin on it that it's different.

Maybe I should scrap wrath and move on to another sin, like gluttony. I feel like that one could be easy too, so I have to come up with a new angle for it. I'll see what I can come up with tonight, and hopefully have a plan of attack in the morning. It's rather hard to come up with an idea when your head's filled with promises of things to come. So it's been hard for me to concentrate both on this post and on other things I try to do that aren't completely engaging, like writing a story I have little interest in.

So I've just added something else to my agenda for tomorrow, besides vacuuming and cleaning a bathroom. I'll force something out of me on some deadly sin besides lust, even if it's utter crap. I'll also probably write my post for tomorrow sometime during the day, since I'll be 21 on Friday. I'm hoping I'll be able to go out and buy my first drink at midnight, but my mom's not too thrilled with the idea. That, and I haven't found anyone to drive me home afterwords. So I may actually be ringing in my birthday at home.

But I have plans for the night. Big plans. Plans that involve dancing and lots of consumption. So I'm excited. I probably won't be anything near coherent on June 4th, so I may just skip that blog and post two the day after. I probably will, just so I can share what happened. I really don't know why I'm so excited about it, and neither does my mother.

But Friday can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment