Monday, May 31, 2010

Friends (30/90)

So today I woke up, ready for a day of settling down with my family in front of the TV and meeting a friend for brunch.

At about 4, I hear the doorbell ring. And guess who's there? Lauren, Tori, Bill, and Brittany. They drove all the way here to bring me some fudge and brownies and hang out for awhile. I was completely and utterly surprised. And you know what we did? Sat around and watched Star Wars. I love my friends.

I really don't have anything to blog about. I'm extremely happy right now. I've never had a surprise this big before. They drove at least three hours to come here and see me. I hear they got lost for a bit too. And it was a last minute thing, too. They just left, and have a few more hours of night driving before they can sleep.

The only thing I wish that was different was if I had more for them to do. But they seemed to enjoy themselves, and I know I was happy they stopped by. I'm still pretty amazed at the fact that they were here. No one's ever really sprung a visit on me like that. Honestly, I think I may have started tearing up.

I really do love my friends. They're my family I got to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment