Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sexy Can I? (17/90)

Had a job interview today. We'll see how well that goes, or if I'll be relying on my Hooters application.

Lately I've been hearing rumors about Miley Cyrus's lap dance, so I watched the video. It's as bad as they say it was. It was disgusting to watch, knowing that she was 16 at the time dancing with a 44-year-old. And her parents made excuses for her, just like when she danced on the stripper pole with stripper-like clothing.

And little girls are looking up to her. It's like a replay of Britney and Christina, except in one tiny little girl who's reached their peak of sexing it up at age 17. Sometimes I wonder how people can allow their children to go do it, especially ones in the public eye. A lot of adults are outraged at her sexual dance moves and parent's disregard for the path she's traveling. I'm disgusted, and I'm a few years older than her. I see this in people my own age, though, and am disgusted as well.

I don't dance like that in public. I hardly dance like that in private, unless I'm trying a new dancing work out. It's basically sex standing up with clothes on. At my high school, people did have sex standing up at the dances. And we let our children watch this, and emulate it. It's ridiculous.

Parents have gotten to the point where they don't discipline their children, like the Cyrus'. I was spanked if I so much as got caught in a lie, and taught to listen to my parents. Kids today run around rampant while their parents watch, because they don't want to look like "the bad guy". Now spanking is considered child abuse. Honestly, my kids are getting spanked. It's a way to discipline that, until we decided it wasn't politically correct to do so, worked wonders.

So maybe if Miley had been spanked, or if Billy Ray wasn't afraid of not being the "cool" dad, then we wouldn't have seen her grinding on a man old enough to be her father. But then again, she may be dancing with guys that looked like her father if she had been spanked. Part of her dancing like that may have been because she wanted to escape the Disney image that brought her to fame. Lots of Disney stars have felt that pressure, and Miley isn't the first one to go that route.

Maybe if we weren't so eager to grow up so fast, we wouldn't have to deal with the Hannah Ho-tannas of the world (credit to Lauren for that nickname).

[I'll probably be re-visiting this post, since it's kind of horrible and I really can't focus on the topic right now. I've got a lot of other things on my mind.]

No comments:

Post a Comment